A Little More About You
About My Application
- I confirm I have the right to work in the country where this position is based
- I confirm that my details are complete and correct
Job Title:Polar Travel Sales Advisor Job Reference:VS377895MelPTSA Location:Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Earnings:Competitive
Quark Expeditions® is the world leader in polar adventure travel. Since 1991, Quark has been establishing a tradition of firsts in polar travel: as the first to transit the Northeast Passage with adventure travelers; the first to take travelers to the far side of Antarctica; and the first to circumnavigate the Antarctic continent with guests. Quark is recognized for its diverse fleet of passenger vessels and offers the widest variety of polar itineraries of any other adventure company.
The Polar Travel Sales Advisor demonstrates all the competencies and behaviors associated with a high-performing sales culture. This role would be specifically prospecting for new business, upselling and cross-selling within our existing database of past and current customers delivering results against a quota/target. This role provides focused support to the outside sales teams and directs marketing efforts with more leads, more closed deals, and more revenue. Your achievements are directly linked to Quark Expeditions® top-line growth. This role works closely with the Global Customer Services team and provides exceptional customer service.
This role is based in Melbourne, Australia - please do not apply unless you are already located in the wider Melbourne area.
We are keen to find candidates with some polar knowledge, either gained through professional means ( ie selling polar travel ) or through your personal travel experiences. We will then consider candidates who are happy to work remotely from home anywhere commutable to Melbourne, with the expectation that when our offices re-open you would have the flexibility to work a mixture of office days and remote days.
Drive Sales: Sell, Sell, Sell
- Reach monthly sales targets while driving exceptional customer service KPI’s
- Connect with our prospective travelers and customers in multiple ways via phone, email, live chat and others.
- Qualifying and disqualifying inbound leads in a high-volume environment using calls, emails, salesforce and live chat.
- Always convert sales leads and opportunities with speed and efficiency whilst following standard operating procedures.
- Upsell and cross-sell available product
- Offer and sell all ancillary products, e.g. Pre/post, flights and insurance.
Manage relationships: connect, convert, customize and retain
- Outbound Relationship calling to travel agents and other prospect lists.
- Listen and ask the right questions to discover the needs of each individual traveller.
- Always perform with the aspiration to providing a trip of a lifetime and excellent customer service.
- Follow all processes in place for a smooth customer journey.
- Answer customer post-sales enquiries via phone and live chat outside of the client services business hours.
Execute Standard Operating Procedures
- Follow and accurately execute the established Sales framework.
- Maintain high-scoring on-call observation/scoring sheet.
- Maintain detailed and accurate notes in the Salesforce CRM for successful transition to the Client Service team.
Skills and Experience
- Strong front-line sales experience, motivated by revenue targets and service KPI’s
- Experience of achieving monthly sales targets within a travel or sales environment.
- Prior Customer Support and/or Customer Success experience.
- Ability to take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions.
- Excellent English & either Spanish or Portuguese would be ideal. But we will consider applications from those without the second language skills.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as required.
- Capable to use a variety of computer programs confidently and efficiently.
- Experience of different reservation systems and CRM/ SalesForce preferable.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Proven experience of cross and up-selling to customers.
- Ability to handle and resolve conflict and guide customers to efficient solutions.
- Need to have the natural ability to inspire and be self-motivated.
- Maintain detailed and accurate notes in the Salesforce CRM for a successful transition to the Client Service team.
What we are looking for
If have a “Hunter” mindset with a proven record of driving sales, providing excellent customer service, and have a flexible and energetic outlook then this could be the role for you, apply today!